Avon and Somerset Police have a dedicated team of officers serving the town of Patchway, headed by Neighbourhood Beat Managers PC Steve Bird and PC Rachel Pretlove.
For more information, visit the Patchway Beat page on the Avon and Somerset Police website.
Filton and Patchway Police Newsletters:
- 2013 Issue 4 [PDF, 242kB]
Safer & Stronger Community Group
South Gloucestershire’s 20 Safer Stronger Community Groups (SSCGs) are all about working together to improve your local community. The groups also enable you to have your say about the services that your community receives.
The Patchway group’s members include people who live and work in the area and representatives from the local police, Avon Fire & Rescue, Primary Care Trust, South Gloucestershire Council, the Town Council and other local organisations. The aim is to:
- work together to ensure that local communities are safe and pleasant places to live, work and play;
- give local people a greater voice and influence over local decisions and the priorities of the service providers;
- fund and support initiatives that help overcome issues raised by SSCG attendees, for example, Community Speed Watch equipment and activities that promote community cohesion and integration.
The next meeting of the Patchway Safer & Stronger Community Group takes place on Wednesday 21st May 2014 at Coniston Community Centre (7pm start).
The purpose of Neighbourhood Watch is to unite neighbourhoods in an effort to prevent crime, by protecting and enhancing their environment and generally looking out for each other’s properties. Working in partnership with the local Neighbourhood Policing Teams gives Neighbourhood Watches a way of dealing with many issues affecting their communities, such as anti-social behaviour, burglary and vehicle crime.
Neighbourhood Watches operate in the following Patchway streets:
Amberley Road, Bevington Close, Bevington Walk, Bibury Ave, Bourton Ave, Bourton Close, Chelford Grove, Clay Lane, Coniston Road, Dyrham Parade, Fairford Crescent, Morley Close, Painswick Ave, Rodway Road, Rudford Close, Staverton Close, Stoke Lane, Tetbury Close, The Avenue, The Close, The Common, Thirlmere Road.
More information: What’s involved and how do I join?
Patchway and Filton Police News on TwitterTweets by ASPFilton
Recent Police Stories in The Journal
- Volunteer custody visitors needed in Patchway
- Inquiry begins after suspected human remains found near Cribbs Causeway
- A38 speed cameras to be switched back on
- Appeal for witnesses after stabbing at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway
- Three men arrested after elderly couple targeted by fraudsters in Patchway
- Patchway police custody suite may be run by private firm
- Thieves steal tricycle belonging to five-year-old with cerebral palsy
- Tracking app helps police recover mobile phone and make arrest
- Witnesses sought after cars damaged in Rodway Road
- 53 drivers fined for illegally using Highwood Road – in a single day!