Avon and Somerset Police have a dedicated team of officers serving the town of Patchway, headed by Neighbourhood Beat Managers PC Adam O’Loughlin and PC Rachel Pretlove.
For more information, visit the Patchway Beat page on the Avon and Somerset Police website.
Filton and Patchway Police Newsletters:
- 2012 Issue 4 [PDF, 738kB]
- 2012 Issue 3 [PDF, 555kB]
- 2012 Issue 2 [PDF, 524kB]
- 2012 Issue 1 [PDF, 402kB]
Safer & Stronger Community Group
South Gloucestershire’s 20 Safer Stronger Community Groups (SSCGs) are all about working together to improve your local community. The groups also enable you to have your say about the services that your community receives.
The Patchway group’s members include people who live and work in the area and representatives from the local police, Avon Fire & Rescue, Primary Care Trust, South Gloucestershire Council, the Town Council and other local organisations. The aim is to:
- work together to ensure that local communities are safe and pleasant places to live, work and play;
- give local people a greater voice and influence over local decisions and the priorities of the service providers;
- fund and support initiatives that help overcome issues raised by SSCG attendees, for example, Community Speed Watch equipment and activities that promote community cohesion and integration.
The next meeting of the Patchway Safer & Stronger Community Group takes place on Thursday 18th October 2012 at Amberley Road Baptist Church, Stoke Lodge (7:30pm start).
Minutes of recent meetings:
The purpose of Neighbourhood Watch is to unite neighbourhoods in an effort to prevent crime, by protecting and enhancing their environment and generally looking out for each other’s properties. Working in partnership with the local Neighbourhood Policing Teams gives Neighbourhood Watches a way of dealing with many issues affecting their communities, such as anti-social behaviour, burglary and vehicle crime.
Neighbourhood Watches operate in the following Patchway streets:
Amberley Road, Bevington Close, Bevington Walk, Bibury Ave, Bourton Ave, Bourton Close, Chelford Grove, Clay Lane, Coniston Road, Dyrham Parade, Fairford Crescent, Morley Close, Painswick Ave, Rodway Road, Rudford Close, Staverton Close, Stoke Lane, Tetbury Close, The Avenue, The Close, The Common, Thirlmere Road.
More information: What’s involved and how do I join?
Recent Police Stories in The Journal
- Witnesses sought after cars damaged in Rodway Road
- 53 drivers fined for illegally using Highwood Road – in a single day!
- Two arrested after man dies at Willow Close property
- Commissioner asks for views on policing priorities
- Appeal for information after man critically injured in Cedar Close altercation
- Police and Crime Commissioner pays a visit to Southern Brooks
- Witnesses sought following collision between pedestrian and lorry on A38
- Mother and child hurt as firework thrown into shop at The Parade
- Cash stolen from 92-year-old Stoke Lodge woman while she slept
- Armed robbery at Patchway Roundabout opticians
Patchway Beat – Police News
- Neighbourhood Inspector to give talk on doorstep crime (Patchway)
Thursday, 16 May 2013, 1:50 pm
Neighbourhood Inspector Bob Evely is giving a talk to the South Glos Over 50's Forum about doorstep crime on Wednesday 26th June between 2-4pm.
South Gloucestershire District – Police News
- We Join Big Tweet for Missing Children (National)
Thursday, 23 May 2013, 3:36 pm
This weekend we're lending a helping hand to the charity Missing People to safely reconnect missing children by taking part in the Big Tweet for Missing Children, on International Missing Children's D. […]
- Local communities work with police following London incident (Forcewide)
Thursday, 23 May 2013, 12:40 am
Following events in London this afternoon we want to reassure our local communities that there is no need for alarm or concern.
- Statement from the families of Ross and Clare Simons (Hanham)
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 5:30 pm
The families of Ross and Clare Simons have issued the following statement:
- Tandem death driver to serve ten and a half years behind bars (Hanham)
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 4:37 pm
A man who has previous convictions for driving whilst disqualified and dangerous driving has been handed ten and a half years in prison today (Wednesday May 22) following the deaths of Ross and Clare. […]
- Witnesses sought after cars are damaged (Patchway)
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 2:45 pm
We are seeking witnesses after a number of cars were damaged in the Patchway area.
- Three men arrested after officers seize suspected cannabis from house (Filton)
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 12:58 pm
We've arrested three men after searching a home in Mortimer Road, Filton, at 8.30am today, Wednesday May 22.
- Man charged with production of cannabis (Weston-super-Mare)
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 9:30 am
We have charged a man with production of cannabis following his arrest yesterday, after we discovered 600 cannabis plants at a house in Baker Street, Weston-super-Mare.
- We need your help to trace absconder (National)
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 4:04 pm
We're appealing for information to locate a man who has absconded from prison in Buckinghamshire.
- More than 800 cannabis plants seized in past two weeks (Weston-super-Mare)
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 11:38 am
A man has been arrested on suspicion of production of a controlled drug after we received reports of a strong smell of cannabis coming from Baker Street, Weston-super-Mare.
- Rogue Trader Week video launched (Forcewide)
Friday, 17 May 2013, 4:55 pm
We are launching a new DVD to educate potential victims of doorstep crime when we go out to talk to older people in our communities.