Members of Blakeney Road Allotments are inviting Patchway residents to join them this Saturday (8th September) for a barbecue and the official opening of new facilities recently installed at the site.
The event, which runs from 12 noon to 4pm, is being staged as part of South Gloucestershire’s Discover festival that gets underway this weekend.
Access to the allotments is via Park Leaze, off Blakeney Avenue. Advice and training on ‘growing your own’ will be available.
STOP PRESS: The Allotment Open Day has unfortunately had to be cancelled!
The newly created Discover festival offers a unique opportunity for residents to find out what makes South Gloucestershire a great place to live and work. Bringing together many successful celebrations in the district, the programme has something for all ages and tastes – including events, talks, walks and workshops celebrating local heritage, local food, local nature, local arts and also special events for life age 50+. Most events are free.
Other Discover events taking place in Patchway over the coming weeks include:
- Hearing Loss Advice Session at Patchway Library on Tuesday 11th September
- Patchway over 50’s Project at the Casson Centre on Thursday 13th September
- Patchway Friendship Club at Charlton Court on Friday 14th September
- Discover a Red Hot Read at Patchway Library on Wednesday 26th September
- Dragon Tang Soo Do – Personal Safety Session at Patchway Library on Tuesday 2nd October
- Stokes Singers at Patchway Library on Saturday 20th October
- Discover Hand Bell Ringing at Patchway Library on Saturday 27th October
- Discover Dinosaurs at Patchway Library on Thursday 1st November
- Fungi Foray at Patchway Greenspaces on Sunday 4th November
More information: Discover Festival Programme [PDF, 2.1MB] (also available from libraries, leisure centres and community centres across South Gloucestershire)
Related link: Allotments in Patchway (Patchway Town Council)
Photo: Patchway Garden & Flower Show 2012. Allotment produce?
Share this article: