A new purpose built centre that brings together health and council services for children and young people opened on Monday (5th September) in Patchway.
The Patchway Locality Hub is located on the old Patchway Library site in Rodway Road.
The hub is also the location for the North Bristol Trust (NBT) Children’s Health team alongside the integrated children and young people’s services.
The new Patchway hub has been designed to bring together services for children, young people and their families in one location and in an accessible and welcoming environment.
Existing referral arrangements will remain the same.
- Adult Learning Difficulties service;
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services;
- Community paediatricians;
- Connexions services;
- Educational psychologists;
- Educational welfare;
- Family support services;
- Health visiting service;
- Inclusion support workers;
- Midwifery service;
- School health nurses;
- Social care services; and
- Speech and language therapists.
The hub also incorporates a brand new library and council one stop shop. Hub staff will be on hand to help with advice and support such as where to find your nearest children centre or youth centre.
The new state of the art library incorporates a ‘volunteer bureau’ for use by local voluntary groups. It will provide the full range of usual library services including:
- materials for lending;
- information services;
- library computer network;
- ICT tutor sessions in libraries;
- letting of the space; and
- photocopiers and fax services.
Share this article:
Tags: Patchway Locality Hub